Friday, July 15, 2011

Day Off, Part 2

My Day Off is going well, if you're wondering.  It's been really nice.  I got up a little later this morning, had a Cliff Bar and a thing of yogurt, read the news, and (eventually) headed out for my workout.  I pretty much did exactly what I'd planned: a touch more than 30-miles on the bike, including riding up and back over Long Mountain Road, and then a 3.3-mile run.  I felt a little sluggish on the bike, but after the climbing I felt better, and I ran well.  After that, I came back, made a recovery shake, took a shower, and watched Thor Hushovd win today's stage.  Awesome riding by Thor, by the way.  Really, really impressive.


Friday Hair Metal


Today's Friday Hair Metal is Chickenfoot's "Learning to Fall".


If you're wondering, Chickenfoot is a relatively new creation.  It's basically the Sammy Hagar Van Halen with Joe Satriani in place of Eddie Van Halen (and a different drummer, but I've no idea who's on drums here).  Enjoy!

No comments: