Monday, June 27, 2011

Monday Sleepy-Time Blues

It was a great weekend, but between Six Flags on Saturday, a full day of house-chores on Sunday, and swimming Sunday afternoon, I can’t stop yawning today.  Sally says she going out with her friends tonight to see Bridesmaids, so I suppose that means that I’m going to go to bed super-early.  Whoopee!

Actually, I really am looking forward to getting some good sleep tonight.  *sigh*  It’s like one of those, “You know you’re a grown-up when…” moments.

One of the things I did this weekend was to sit down with Hannah and Emma and start teaching them the differences between Wrath of Ashardalon and the full 4th Edition of Dungeons and Dragons.  I only mention it because they made first characters who are basically exactly like they are.  Hannah made herself a dragonborn paladin, a holy warrior of virtue and renown, dedicated to the fight for truth and justice.  And yes, that describes Hannah to a “T”.  I often think she’s going to wind up in seminary.  Emma, meanwhile, made herself a changeling vampire—a dark and deadly little creature who looks cute and cuddly but who’ll rip off your face if you let her get too close.  This from the same girl who, at the age of six, insists that she will never have children because she doesn’t want them to interfere with the important work she plans to do as a paleontologist.

What can I say?  Sometimes life is wacky.

 If you’re wondering, Sally and I still presumably need to make characters if this idea of a family campaign is ever actually going to get underway.  Sally says she’s going to play a wizard.  That leaves me with the Leader role in our little family group, but I’ve not decided exactly what flavor of leader to make yet.  I was leaning towards playing a bard, but now I’m starting to think maybe we could use a warlord instead.  It seems like this group might be a little light without another strong melee character.

***

Six Flags was fun.  We rode roller coasters, and my kids loved them.  We took some pictures, too, which you can see below.  We even ended up buying Season Passes.  So, bottom line, I don’t know exactly when we’re going back, but we ARE going back, hopefully sooner rather than later.

That said, after we got home Saturday night, I was so tired I felt like I’d been poleaxed.  I went to bed at eight!  And I still woke up feeling exhausted on Sunday!

Eh.  I gotta start pulling myself together.  My Rest Week is over.  It’s time to get back on the horse.  I’ve got less than two weeks until the Greenwich Point One Mile Swim and four weeks until the Amica 19.7 Triathlon at Ocean Beach.  It’s time to get hot!

*yawn*

Have I mentioned how sleepy I am?

No comments: