Monday, May 30, 2011

Diary of an Insomniac

It's 4:30 am.  Or, to put it another way, it won't even be The Butt Crack of Dawn for another half hour or so.  I've been up for about a quarter-hour or so.  It wasn't my plan to get up quite this early, but I woke up, made the mistake of looking at my watch and thinking a little about what all I have to do today, and then started tossing and turning.  Pretty soon, I realized I was gonna wake up Sally if I wasn't careful.  So I got up.

Eh.  I'll be out on my bike in an hour or so.  In the meantime, it's quite in the house right now.  Everyone's asleep, even the dog.  There's a reason why this is my favorite part of the day.

***

The Towers of Terror made a surprise appearance over at Rival Angels last week:


I created the Towers of Terror with Rival Angels' creator Alan Evans a couple of years ago for the now infamous Rival Angels Halloween Special.  The girl in green is Lover Lola, and the taller girl is Zombie Luna.  Their manager is Johann the Zombie Potentate of Doom, who was originally created (by me) as a villain for Awesome Storm Justice 41 webisode #40.  But when production stopped over at ASJ, I re-purposed Johann for Alan, and now here he is.

It's awesome when your creations take on a life of their own.  Alan tells me that the Towers of Terror figure prominently in Rival Angels' fan fiction.  Which is unbelievable to me on a lot of levels.  In any event, Rival Angels has been really successful for Alan.  He tells me that he'd like to sell more books--an who wouldn't--but the series itself and it's ancillary revenue streams are strong, and he's apparently touring quite a bit--doing comic book shows all over the place--to support it.  Nice, huh?

2 comments:

Albone said...

Thank you for the shout out!

I think if the mood suits you again, we'll have to collaborate in Season 2. :D

The Towers show up a lot in the fan fiction as the monster heels they are. Zombie Luna especially gets a lot of play from the young protagonists in these stories.

Danno E. Cabeza said...

Thanks Alan. I'll send you an email when I get a chance today.