Sunday, April 17, 2011

My Mother Finally Passed

The title kind of says it all.  I finally got into Nashville late Friday morning.  I'll spare you the gory details, but Mom agreed to go on Hospice care shortly thereafter, and she eventually died late that evening.  And I'm sad, but it's also something of a relief.  She's been sick and in pain for a long time.  It was time.

For the curious, her funeral is Tuesday, starting around noon.  Then I plan to stay in Tennessee for the balance of the week, getting a start on getting her affairs in order.

2 comments:

Alan said...

I'm very sorry for your loss and I hope you're as well as you can be.

Danno E. Cabeza said...

I'm okay, Alan, and thanks for asking. Yeah, it was a tough week, but as you already know, it was also a long and tough illness. To say the least, she's in a better place now.