Sunday, January 9, 2011

Feelin' Fat

It's true.  I feel fat.

I can't run.  My right knee has been bothering me for so long that my doctor thinks I tore my meniscus.  Had an appointment scheduled for yesterday morning, but with the snow, the doc decided to see only a limited selection of patients.  I ended up taking the kids to swim lessons and then swimming myself, a whole 1200 yards of pure, unadulterated frustration.  In the meantime, I'm still trying to ride as much as I can--back and forth from the train to work and on the weekends when that's possible--but with all of the snow we've had recently, it's been tough.  I suppose I need an indoor bike trainer.  Regardless, even on good days it's only about 5 miles one way from the train station into work.  That's fine and all, but it's not exactly real, regular exercise.  And it's so dark when I get home at nights.

*sigh*

Ah well...  Supposedly, we're gonna go and join the Y later today.  I think.  So maybe I'll be able to start swimming in earnest.  That'd be nice.  I could certainly use the work.  Truth to tell, I don't really miss running much, but that doesn't mean I'm ready to put on that 40-year-old spare tire.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, sounds like someone has a caseof the Winter Blahs, my friend. So sorry to hear about your knee injury but since you weren't abel to see the doc maybe its not as bad as you think? The Y sounds like a great idea, I'd personally recommend a location that has the FitLinxx installed so you can track your progress with both weights and cardio.

Danno E. Cabeza said...

Yeah, but I'm thinking about what races I'm gonna do this summer, and by swimming I'm at least training... some.

Ugh. We've had so much damn snow lately I can't even ride to work.