Sunday, January 30, 2011

Sunday Afternoon Thoughts...

Starting to feel better, both in the water and in general.  I put on maybe five or so pounds in the offseason--over the late Fall--and with all this snow since then, it's been really hard to do, well, anything.  But like I've said here over the past few days, I've finally gotten back into the water, and with the new knee brace, I can even run.  I feel good.  Swam 15 x 100 in descending sets of 5, on 1:30, 1:25, and then 1:20, and I actually felt good the whole way.  On the first 100 at1:25, I even managed to get in at about 1:05.  That's almost respectable!  After that, I did about 40-minutes of yoga and then ran 3 miles, pain free.  Life is good.

By the way, can I just mention that all the folks in their cars were giving me dirty, hateful looks while I was running?  It's true.  It's like they've never seen a guy jogging before.  Ugh.  It's always got to be some 50-something-year-old beer belly driving a mid-70's vintage Oldsmobile.  *sigh*   But seriously... I hate those guys.

On the gaming side, I put together a concept for a game that folks seem to like called Minions of Evil.  Considering the response in just a single day, I really wish I had the time to actually put the game together and run it, but unfortunately, I don't see that happening.

On the downside, when we woke up this morning, we had yellow water.  Turns out that there was a fire down the street, and it stirred up the sediment and rust in the water main.  It took a few hours, but the crud finally settled out, and now we're more-or-less back to normal.

And that's about all I got.  I wish I had more time and energy for writing and/or for running some more online games, but as much as I might want to, the simple reality is that the time just doesn't exist.  Maybe one of these days...

No comments: