Sunday, January 16, 2011

Beautiful Lazy Sunday

A couple of notes today:

1.  I rearranged the blog a little to make some of my older writing a little easier to find.  A couple of folks have said they want to check out some of my stuff.  That's as cool as it comes.  If that's you, I'll recommend you start with the Proletariat Comics homage page, just to get the flavor of what I was doing when I was writing a lot, and then find whatever interests you.  I'm a geek, so my stuff tends to be, well, geeky.  If you want to read Bronx Angel, and you don't feel like paying for it, hit me on email.

2.  Went to the pool today and just got blown out of the water by some guy I'd never met before.  Wow.  I mean, I know I'm old and slow, and I don't really swim all that much anymore, but still... it was way humbling to just get SMOKED like that.  Hasn't happened to me since I was about 14.  But frankly, it's good to have some competition and motivation in my life.

3.  Been working on the new would-be book.  Got about half the first chapter written--which is a little like saying I saw some girl in a bar (on the other side of the bar), and I think we might make a good married couple--and I'm still pleased with it so far.  It's fun.  At this point, that's what I care about.

4.  The guys on the Major Spoilers podcast read my letter about comics for girls today and then based their show around it.  Made me feel cool to hear myself on their show.  Anyway, here's the link if you want to listen.  I listen to Major Spoilers all the time when I'm on the train or just sitting at my desk at work.

5.  Finally, speaking of comics for girls, I sat down with the girls and watched most of the first DVD of the Justice League cartoon.  Hannah has decided that Hawkgirl is her favorite superhero.  For Emma, there's still no substitute for Batman.

That's all I got.  Go Jets!

2 comments:

Albone said...

I thought you might get a kick out of the fact that people are writing fan fiction on my forums with Zombie Luna and Lover Lola. XD

http://rivalangels.freeforums.org/creative-works-f6.html

It's mostly their OC's versus the 'monsters' but it's pretty cool.

Danno E. Cabeza said...

That's hilarious, Alan. Thanks for letting me know. I'll have to go check it out. I don't know that anyone's ever used my work for FanFic before.