Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Blood, Sweat, and Tears...

I’m not gonna lie.  Today was craptastic.  It actually started yesterday and pretty much went downhill from there.  I don’t particularly want to go into all the details, but look, some people are opinionated.  They will bend facts.  They will distort reality.  They will not listen to reason. 

Seriously, I thought we were gonna have a Khrushchev moment at one point this morning.  Here I am, sitting at my desk, waiting for this dude to start banging on my desk with his shoe. 
“I will bury you!!!”

Yeesh.  I certainly hope not.

It doesn’t help that I gave blood this morning.  I mean, don’t get me wrong.  It helps.  For better or worse, I’m O+, a universal donor, which means that I’m practically obligated to give blood every time they come around.  I get it.  I’m glad I can help.  But no matter what they say, it absolutely DOES make me feel like absolute garbage for the next few hours after I give.  And since these were the prime Khrushchev hours, it was not on.  In Army parlance, it was anti-hooah.  I was not happy.

What are you gonna do?

In my case, I decided to just try to hide out for a few hours, giving in to everyone.  Unfortunately, they weren’t having it.  At all.  No, they came looking for me, hounding me, giving me no peace.  I fought with my mom then with my wife and then for an encore, I went another round with Mr. Khrushchev.

*sigh*

I think I might stay home tomorrow.
 

No comments: