Saturday, September 3, 2011

First Saturday in September

Okay, so yeah... I took yesterday off in order to take the kids out to Six Flags, but as it happens, Six Flags was closed when we got there.  And that sucked.  But we went to the Hartford Science Center museum and ended up having a pretty nice day.  Not exactly the day we'd planned, but I can't complain.

Training for the Hartford Half-Marathon seems to be coming along.  Ran a touch over 8-miles last week and a touch over 9-miles this week, and I felt pretty good doing it.  As I posted on Facebook, my first half hour or so felt pretty good.  Then I struggled from, say, the 45-minute mark until I got to about 55-minutes or an hour.  Call it 15 minutes of suffering.  After that, I kind of broke through and settled down and actually managed to pick up the pace a little.  Ended up making it back in 1:21:59--right at a 9-minute/mile pace.  Which is not bad at all for me for a run of that length.

If you're wondering, the Half is on October 15th.  So with a race next week--the Westport Kiwanus Triathlon, a mini-sprint that's also the last multi-sport event of the season--bottom line, we've got four training weeks and two rest weeks to go before the race.  It seems like we're on track in terms of mileage, but I'd like to get in at least one 10+ mile run without injury before we actually sign up for the race.

And... Sally and the kids are home.  Have a great weekend!

No comments: