Saturday, April 17, 2010

Weekend Update!

Apologies for missing Thursday and Friday's post.  I'd even written a Storyteller's Playbook entry, but it's on my Flash drive, and I left the drive sitting in my office.  *sigh*  Well, I'll put it up next week, I suppose.  We're not on a deadline, after all.

Decent workout week this week.  You may remember that I'm fighting my way through a little groin injury.  Well, it's getting better, slowly but surely.  I pushed pretty hard on the bike last weekend, and between that and a generally full family schedule early in the week, I ended up taking Monday and Tuesday off.  In retrospect, that seemed like a pretty good idea.  I was tired, and training tired legs isn't always a great idea--at least for me.  I gotta take it a little easier than I did when I was in my twenties.  

Wednesday was kind of wacky.  I had a series of long conference calls with various electrical stakeholders in New York State, and that kept me at work a little late.  So I got up early and went to the gym, going into the office an hour late and basically giving myself a chance to get a little workout in.  Which wasn't bad, but it threw me off, and I wouldn't want to make it a habit.  Then I ran Thursday--only two and a half miles, but that's still more than I've run in a few weeks.  I was a little sore, but I didn't make the injury worse, so I suppose it's all good.  Last night I swam--about 2400 yards.  I wasn't trying to go fast, but I felt okay... about the best I can hope for in the water these days.

It's s'posed to rain all weekend, so I'm probably not gonna get to ride much this weekend.  With any luck, I'll get back in the pool today and then either go to the gym again or maybe go for a little run.  By my count, I need to put in about 3 hours of workout this weekend in order to make my total quota for the week.  Eh.  We'll see.

Well, that's it.  Have a great weekend!

No comments: