Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Debt Deal, Part 2

Now that the deal is struck, and I've had a chance to read through it, I think I'm kind of warming to the debt deal.  Reality is, I think, that the government is so amazingly dysfunctional, that we actually need these so-called crises to spur us to any sort of action.  So we cut a trillion now, and if a true bipartisan deal isn't reached by Thanksgiving--a likely failure given the lowered stakes--then we cut another trillion-and-half across the board.  Entitlements, the military... all the sacred cows get the axe.  I kind of love that.  I actually think that that kind of insane craziness is what's necessary to install some fiscal responsibility in our Congress.

The only thing that really disappoints me in all of this is Obama.  Man, he caves under pressure every time.  Yes, he got Osama, but besides that, he has been a complete and utter pussy as a President.  I mean, he may well get my vote next time around, but boy oh boy, that will be by far the best of a bad set of options.

No comments: