Saturday, May 22, 2010

Odds and Ends...

Good morning and happy Saturday!  

Long time no see, no?  Eh.  I confess, I got a little frustrated with the lack of readers/comments on this thing.  It wasn't meant to be a diary, but I suppose I have a collection of seriously niche interests, so what do you expect?  Anyway, I noticed a few folks have come by and read-up on what's what, so... thanks!  Especially to you, Alan.

Alright, so first thing's first: I've written five short chapters of the Space Cadets story, but then I took a little break from it this week.  It was an exhausting week, and I just couldn't focus on Helena and Ellia.  The next scene is Ellia and the dinosaurs, and I just haven't had the energy to sit down and make it happen.  So I went back and actually finished another project, a solo adventure D&D adventure based on the beginning of the Sellswords Campaign, called Winter Ambush If you want to try that out, it's here.  The link goes to a ZIP file that has a Word document with an Excel document embedded that has all the combat maps and some other tricks and nonsense that'll make the adventure a little more playable.  Let me know what you think!

On the triathlon front, I'm finally back to running again, and in fact, my first race of the season is tomorrow.  I finished a six-week "spring training" period last week and then took a rest week--which I needed badly.  It was just good timing that the race was at the end of the rest week.  Anyway, tomorrow's race is a kind of a super-sprint: 300-yard swim, 10-mile ride, 3-mile run.  I'm hoping to finish under and hour, but I'll let you know.

And that's about all I got.  Have a great weekend!  I'll let you know how the race turned out tomorrow.

No comments: