Sunday, June 6, 2010

Senior Engineer?

So I got a new job at the end of last week.  I interviewed a couple of weeks ago, and then on Friday my company's HR department called to let me know that I'd gotten the position.  I am now a Senior Engineer--a thing which is only really interesting because I was a European History major back at West Point.  Granted, they force you to take all the engineering prereq's at USMA along with a 5-course engineering sequence, but still... Senior Engineer?  I still find it kind of shocking, even now, after I've been working as an engineer of one typeor another for ten full years.

And then, too, I had a dream last night that I decided to re-up with the Army.  For whatever reason, I was concerned that Sally hadn't ever gotten a chance to experience Army life, so we re-joined, hoping to go someplace in the South.  Or Hawaii.  Weird huh?  Trust me, it was.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the promotion, that's awesome news. And I wouldn't be too surprised about the "senior" reference - afterall, you ARE and old man now, right? As far as re-upping with the Army, please don't act on your dreams!